Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What a weekend!

Poochapalooza 
First things first, Saturday morning I got to run around Strawberry Fields for Rover and get my beans out. It was 3 acres of grass, toys, smells, people, and pee-mail! It was pawsome! There was even a doggy drinking fountain next to the human one! Oh and a fire hydrant! There was no shade so we only stayed for a little bit, but I'm definitely going back!

Then it was off to explore the palooza. All the funds raised went to keeping Strawberry Fields for Rover open and maintained so nicely. There were games for peoples and dogs, lots of booths, and some food! We wandered a bit, I sniffed a few butts, and I was pretty pooped from playing so
Oh! Oh yeah, that's it!
I took a relaxing dip in one of the pools.
Before heading home, I had a Frosty Paw and
signed up for the CGC test.










Mill Creek Festival
It was raining Sunday so we didn't stay very long, but we got to see the Puget Sound Dock Dogs, car show, and learned all about the  privately funded Karelian Bear Dog Program.

I got to meet Colter and Savute. The KBDs are used to control wildlife in non-lethal ways by the Fish and Wildlife Dept of WA. These hardy little hunting dogs hail from Norther Europe originally and were used to hunt moose, elk, and bear. They look small for this, but boy are they tenacious and independent! Check out Wind River Bear Institute to learn all about these amazing canines!

A gentleman always eats his yogurt with one paw raised

Afterwards I pranced over to Skinny D Frozen Yogurt shop in Mill Creek Plaza. I couldn't go in, but my girl says it was bright, clean, and friendly. I'm glad they had me in mind when designing their cups--they are large and wide-mouthed, perfect for my smooshed face!


 



How was your weekend? Did your peoples take you to any events? If you know of any dog friendly events coming up, bark my way and I can post them!



No comments:

Post a Comment