Friday, July 6, 2012

Life’s a Beach

IMG_0729
Lookin' for my next slobber victim
Water! Sand! Stinky sea junk! Did I mention WATER? I had no idea how fun the beach could be until my girl took me to the off-leash park in Edmonds.

OLAE as it is called, is located just south of Marina Beach. The entrance is double gated, there are poo bags in case your peoples don’t bring enough, and a hose station that provides fresh water.  If you drink as much of the Puget Sound as I did, your peoples will REALLY appreciate the hose and extra poo bags!

There are interesting things to pee on like huge logs and a doggy fire hydrant. There is also a few pieces of agility equipment--it is now my understanding that it is rude to pee on these!


IMG_0736
I totally should have been cast in Point Break
I highly recommend going at low-tide like we did, especially if you are an old hand at OLAs. There is tons more room on the soft sandy beach to spaz out and your peoples can look in the pools for giant purple starfish and big mean crabs.

Just keep in mind that it isn't fully fenced, and no dogs are allowed in Marina Beach Park.

The best part? The dogs! Beach dogs are so relaxed and laid back. It made me want to change my name to Spicoli.


IMG_0733
Where's Bodhi?
It was the perfect 4th of July.

Did you guys out there do anything fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment