Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I did it!

I passed the CGC test! It's official! I am a Canine Good Citizen!

Saturday I was perusing the booths at Poochapalooza and happend upon the Canine Good Citizen tent. I looked at my girl and she looked at me--and we signed up! Our evaluation fee was donated to M-DOG, which maintains Strawberry Fields for Rover.


  


It’s true that my devastating, rugged good looks often stop people in their tracks. I can really relate to Clooney. It’s a gift and a curse. It certainly gets people talking and asking my best girl lots of questions, which she doesn’t mind. It’s an opportunity to tell people all about Bullmastiffs.

We are strong, independent working dogs. In order to understand this, we must hop across the pond and revisit my history.  Bullmastiffs were originally bred to protect estates in England from poachers. It was our job to catch them and pin them without mauling them.  We also had to just hang out with our homeskillets and relax.  A Bullmastiff and a gentleman, see.  

We are loving and family oriented, and while that is natural to us, it still has to be properly cultivated through lots of socialization, training, patience, love, and rules. I mean LOTS!  We are not for everyone to own, but we can be enjoyed by everyone. That’s where I come in! It’s important for me to represent the best in my breed and educate all the new friends I meet.  I try really hard to be good at those things so I can go out and be the best Bully Ambassador I can be!
If you want to learn more about dogs like me, adoption/rescue, and news check out the American Bullmastiff Association. You can get all the specs on my breed on the AKC website. If you are considering bringing a Bully into your life or want more info, AKC shows and events are a great place to meet breeders and folks involved in the breed.

Hey, maybe we’ll run into each other at a coffee shop or bookstore!


No comments:

Post a Comment