Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lucky kind of Saturday

My girl and her guy woke up with a sense of adventure this morning. Well, that and a hankering for some really good coffee. They decided to wake me up too and sniff out Lucky Jack's Latte in Redmond.

When we pulled into the parking lot I was already excited. I could see an entrance to Marymoor Park and there was a Corgi out front under a brightly colored umbrella. I could tell this was a place I was going to be welcome.

We walked into the yummy smell of pastry and I could smell whip cream too! There were bone shaped tables for the peoples and a small selection of dog toys and accesories. My girl placed her order and then it happened--she ordered me a Doggie Peanut Butter Puppucino with a banana!

Oh it was torture waiting while my girl chatted up Julie, the owner. I tried to pass the time visiting with another dog that came in, and by schmoozing a few of the cyclists that wandered in. A gentleman named Keith asked to take my picture. Meanwhile, my girl and her guy got their "mighty fine" americano and macchiato. Where was mine I thought?  I tried to inspect everyone's drink to make sure they mistakenly didn't get my Doggie Peanut Butter Puppucino with a banana, but no such luck. We went outside and sat under a bright umbrella and waited.


Then the clouds parted and cherubic puppies howled out as Julie said "Order up for Harrison!"
I almost piddled from excitement as the guy was handed a plaid doggy bowl! Before I knew it my muzzle was plunged into yummy peanut buttery coolness! My girl didn't have time to get a great shot since I made fast work of slurping it up!

 
I can't wait to go back and have another and my girl was excited that Julie took just as much care with the human drinks as with my Puppucino. She went on and on. Something about her "real italian macchiato." I don't know. I couldn't hear her over the slurping.


1 comment:

  1. Oh so glad that Harrison and his people's enjoyed their visit to our Lucky Jack's Cafe!! Lucky Jack was bummed to have missed you.... but next time, he will join you with a Peanut Butter Puppucino too! Woof Woof - Thanks for the Grrreat write up!

    ReplyDelete